The Chem-Tech Difference
Here at Chem-Tech, we understand hiring a service provider can often be an unpleasant experience.
Too many no-shows and broken promises can lead you to dread the thought of dealing with it. Here are a few ways we do it differently to make the process as painless as possible.
- Communication! When you call Chem-Tech during business hours, a live team member will answer the phone. If we are on another line and cannot answer, leave a message, your call will be returned promptly.
- Punctuality! This one is very important to us. We arrive on time. Most appointments are scheduled with a 30-minute window for arrival. You won’t sit around for 8 hours wondering if anyone is going to show up.
- Honesty! We believe in doing what we say we’re going to do. Our employees don’t work on commission. You’ll never have to deal with pushy salespeople or technicians rushing through your service just to meet unrealistic goals. Our office staff and technicians truly care about taking care of our customers. We’re always happy to help you with any questions or concerns that you might have.
- High Standards! To meet those standards, our service trucks are custom designed and built in-house. They are equipped with the best tools and materials in the industry. This allows us to be very efficient, effective, and safe. Allowing us to provide top quality service at a price you can afford.
- Dedication! Our team members are our biggest asset. We do everything we can to provide them with the best equipment and materials, along with great benefits and wages. This dedication to quality has kept us with a top-notch team of employees.
The History of Chem-Tech – A Family Business
On July 6th, 1956, Bob & Florence Pierce got married. That following Monday, 19-year-old Bob went to work at the broom factory where he worked for his father. To his surprise, his father fired him that morning. He told him he had more potential than working there, and he was doing what was best for him.
Bob & Florence lived in a little apartment above a welding shop on Southwest Boulevard in Kansas City, KS. Their only car at the time had broken down. So, that Tuesday, Bob went walking down Southwest Boulevard looking for a job. He came across a now-hiring sign at Goetz Exterminating. They asked him if he was 21, and if he knew how to drive a truck. Being a newly married, desperate, 19-year-old man, he answered yes.
Bob Pierce worked there for two years, and then went on to one of the big, nationwide companies. Bob worked his way up to branch manager, winning branch manager of the year many times. In the late 1970’s that company started doing business differently than Bob liked, caring more about their pocketbook than the customer.
In 1978, Bob started Chem-Tech Termite & Pest Control. Bob made Leavenworth his home and Chem-Tech’s headquarters in the early 1980’s. His grandson, Josh Pierce used to help him with termite treatments in the summers. Josh was not big enough to run the drill at that time, so he swept the holes and filled them to help out his grandfather.
Josh joined Chem-Tech in 1997 and purchased the company from his grandfather in 2003. The company has grown a lot since then, but you will still find Josh in his service truck every day, taking care of customers, just like he has for the past 20 years.